Top 10 Benefits of Hot Stone Massage
Do you remember the last time you felt so tired and exhausted that you wished for a relaxing massage? There is no doubt that many of us already felt the same way. With the many available massage options, a hot stone massage is something you can consider. What's good about this is the effect of the stones on you and the benefits you can get from a hot stone massage.
What is Hot Stone Massage?
A hot stone massage is a type of massage that applies hot stones to your body. When giving a massage, heated, smooth stones are placed on specific points. Depending on where the stones are placed, basalt stones are heated between 130 and 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
There is a bit of a difference in temperature between the extremities and the back and feet, as these areas can handle a bit more heat. A hot stone massage is soothing and relaxing. You will be asked as to the amount of heat you prefer before starting.
Can Hot Stone Massage Be Beneficial to You?
Hot stone massage has lots of people raving about how good it feels. There is a reduction in anxiety and tension and ease of back pain. Although more research is needed to understand how hot stone massage works, it certainly seems to be beneficial for your health. Massage is good for one's health, but the benefits of hot stone massage are unique.
10 Benefits of Hot Stone Massage
There are many benefits associated with massage for our health and well-being. People increasingly turn to these therapies when they need relief from pain and relaxation. The following are some of the reasons why you should arrange to get a hot stone massage as soon as possible:
1. Promotes blood circulation and energy flow. Placing hot stones over key points of the body causes the expansion of blood vessels, which can enhance blood flow in the body. A hot stone massage is among the best treatments available if you suffer from poor blood circulation.
2. Relief from tension and pain. Natural pain relievers include heat. In cases where tension is the cause of an ache or pain, heat can be very effective in taking away the tension and easing the pain. The increase in blood flow is likely due to heat being applied to a specific area. In addition to alleviating spasms, gentle flexing can also help joints and muscles regain mobility and flexibility.
3. Reduction of stress and anxiety:
It has been scientifically proven that massage, specifically hot stone massage, reduces anxiety and stress. The reason for this is fascinating. Many processes are stimulated by massage. Endorphins and other feel-good hormones are released, reducing anxiety and stress. The 'stress' hormones are also lowered, such as cortisol and norepinephrine.
4. Improves sleep quality. Hot stone massage can also enhance your quality of sleep. Patients with insomnia who use this massage technique report that they can sleep better as a consequence. An interesting study found that massage was especially beneficial for postmenopausal women who have insomnia. It's still too early to know how hot stone massage affects sleep, but it's definitely associated with good sleep among all of us!
5. Helps with chronic pain management. Individuals with arthritis and fibromyalgia may benefit from hot stone massage's pain-relieving effects. It might be helpful to try this if you're trying to find activities or treatments that will help relieve your symptoms.
6. Helps in decreasing cancer symptoms. Hot stone massage incorporates Swedish massage that is proven to help cancer patients cope with their symptoms. In addition to helping individuals to deal with their cancer symptoms better, it appears that massage therapy can also reduce pain and fatigue.
7. Removing toxins from the body. According to hot stone massage practitioners, one of its most beneficial characteristics is its ability to draw toxins to the surface of the skin, where the body can naturally sweat out those toxins.
8. Boosts your immune system. Research done at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles found that people who had a 45-minute massage exhibited an increased response from their lymphocytes. Often referred to as white blood cells, these cells play a key role in defying the disease.
9. Increase productivity. Your immune system can benefit from massages in general. Combining hot stones with a Swedish massage is one of the best ways to relax. Your body will feel good after the treatment, and the tension piling up there will disappear. Having a positive feeling the next morning will result in improved productivity.
10. Self-healing. Many people feel a hot stone massage helps self-heal by restoring balance to the body and mind through regulating energy flow or through some other less known mechanism within the body and mind. Whether this is true or not, only you can tell.
Before receiving a hot stone massage, you should ensure that your therapist is aware of all your medical conditions and how your body reacts to external stimuli. This can help assess whether a hot stone massage is suitable for you. Bear in mind that you don't just consider the benefits of a hot stone massage, but check if this is good for you to avoid any health complications.